Sous Chef - North Wales
Permanent - to £27,000
4 Star Property with rosettes
- Are you an experienced chef looking for a Sous Chef opportunity in North Wales?
- Can you produce freshly produced food in a mutli-outlet property to a high standard?
- Are you a chef who enjoys empowering junior chefs through training, mentoring and coaching?
- Are you a chef who could look after the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef?
If you said YES to the above, then maybe this is an opportunity waiting for you.
This is an award winning property set in North Wales that continues to grow in status.
This location or type of property will not be for every Sous Chef as the pace of life outside the hotel is much slower, but the demands and standards required in the kitchen will require a Sous Chef who;
- Has the ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Can forge a strong working relationship with the Front of House team
- Organised - with the ability to work different skilled chefs including agency chefs.
- Flexible in their approach
- Has the ability to train and mentor junior chefs
- Has the culinary skills to deliver consistently excellent food within all areas of the hotel.
With the Head Chef you will be managing a small brigade of chefs (6-8)m that may at times also include agency chefs. As the Sous Chef expect this to be a very "hands on" and getting "stuck in" role.
Working closely with the General Manager and Head Chef your key aim will be to you maintain that the standard of the food is of a rosette level. To do this you will be working with the very best locally sourced food where you and kitchen brigades passion will look to elevate the status of the food within the property.
What is needed to apply for this fantastic role?
- An experienced Junior Sous Chef looking for their first Sous Chef role OR maybe a Head Chef looking to take a step back
- Experience as a chef of working in a multi-outlet hotel property
- A good level of stability in your working career.
- An understanding of kitchen budgets
- A strong working knowledge of kitchen all issues around Health and Safety and kitchen compliance
What is offer?
- A starting salary of circa £27-28,000
- The opportunity to work for a well-established property with a growing reputation
- The chance to work with an ambitious Head Chef
- Potential for short term live in if candidate is relocating
- The chance to work in a stunning and peaceful location.
- An immediate start is available for the right candidate
If you feel you have the qualities for this role DON'T DELAY - APPLY IMMEDIATELY!!!
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
£40000 Per Annum
Sous Chef, Chef, Kitchen, cook, Food, restaurant, Dining, Catering, Hospitality, rosettes