Service Desk Manager - Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £45-£55K Dependent on experience
Key words: Service Desk, Technical Support, IT Hardware, user issues, complex calls
Our client is an established Information Technology Services and Solutions company with more than 30 years of IT innovation and excellent customer service.
Based at our client?s Hemel Hempstead office this role is a great opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Manager to manage the overall Service Desk operations across all delivery lines, including the Development Team and Off Site Support Teams. The Service Desk Manager will be responsible for continuous quality of services delivery as well as Customer Service Improvement Plans.
Main responsibilities include:
- To ensure the Company standard procedures for Incident Management, Problem Management and Service Level Management are applied and adhered to
- To ensure the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is used, maintained and reported on in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- To fulfil enquiries/requests for information from customers and service delivery teams
- To fulfil service requests adhering to the agreed delivery process and service levels set out in customer Service Catalogues/ Contracts.
- To ensure quality standards are defined and adhered to across the organisation for all incidents, Problems and request sand that all services levels are met and/or exceeded.
- Maintaining and driving consistency of services and high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- ITIL foundation level as minimum and partial or full ITIL practitioner / manager certification
- 2+ years? experience in a split geographic Service Desk management role (UK and overseas teams)
- Experience of performance indicator and management reporting tools
- Line management experience: recruiting, performance appraisals, mentoring, corrective actions, leadership
- Strong analytical skills, specifically the ability to identify and analyse trends and to identify and implement improvement opportunities across the Service Desk function; including incident trend analysis, resource utilisation analysis and cost analysis
- Good knowledge of information technology, trends, vendors, systems and services
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Effective co-ordination skills - able to prioritise and execute competing activities
- Good communication skills - ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and information to technical and non-technical personnel both internally and externally
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to liaise with personnel at all levels and adapt style accordingly. Ability to work within a team environment
- Planning and Organisation: Applies a resourceful, structured and methodical approach to work, using time management skills and prioritising a complex workload.
As well as a competitive salary our client will offer:
- Career progression in leading technology environment
- Industry recognised In-house training
- Free parking
- Pensions scheme
- Rewards & Recognition ?soft? benefits scheme
- Staff break-out area: pool tables and table football table
- Quarterly team-building events
- Free monthly ?international food? lunch for all members of staff.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£45000 - £55000 Per Hour Competitive
Service Desk Manager, IT, Service Desk