Senior Solution Architect - Wembley, London
Salary: £70K Dependent on experience
Key words: Infrastructure Solutions, Pre Sales, project delivery, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, emerging technologies
Our client is an established Information Technology Services and Solutions company with more than 30 years of IT innovation and excellent customer service.
Based at our client?s Wembley office as a Senior Solutions Architect you will be working closely with the Pre-Sales technical team and Bid Lead to provide high level pre sales infrastructure design work. You will be responsible for ensuring that all Infrastructure Solutions presented to Customers are approved prior to formally being sold to any customer and you will be actively involved in the project delivery, from both a hands-on perspective and in an advisory role to other project team members. Additionally you will contribute to the technology roadmap for the organisation.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To lead in the creation of a suitable portfolio of products and solutions ensuring the business continues to meet changing Customer needs whilst working with other parts of the business to ensure that the desired Vendor Partnerships and Accreditations are maintained
- To identify new technologies which can be utilised to improve the Services portfolio
- To actively share and transfer knowledge regarding infrastructure technologies and best practices throughout the technical team(s) within the Services division
- To attend Customer meetings and telephone conferences with Sales staff, Project Managers & Service Managers as appropriate
- To assist the Bid Team in the development of infrastructure solutions for Customers as part of the Pre-Sales activities
- To provide technical assurance that all solutions offered to customers are a) capable of meeting the Customer?s requirements and b) specified at a suitable level of detail so as to pose no commercial risks to the business
- To ensure quality and timely delivery of all Technical solutions.
- Expert level knowledge of (for both current and emerging technologies):
- Server and Storage Hardware, Operating Systems and Hypervisor Layers
- Networking & Security technologies (wifi, switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, etc.)
- Messaging platforms (i.e. MS Exchange)
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service ?cloud? technologies; including provisioning, management and delivery mechanisms
- PaaS technologies
- Hybrid cloud integration and adoption (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Backup, Replication and Disaster Recovery technologies
- Ability to understand customer requirements and to architect a range of solutions (utilising the technologies above)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- ?Can-do? Attitude
- Commitment to Success
- Problem solving and ability to work methodically and logically
- To act as an ambassador for the company
As well as a competitive salary our client will offer:
- Career progression in leading technology environment
- Industry recognised In-house training
- Free parking
- Pensions scheme
- Rewards & Recognition ?soft? benefits scheme
- Staff break-out area: pool tables and table football table
- Quarterly team-building events
- Free monthly ?international food? lunch for all members of staff.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£70000 Per Hour Competitive
Senior Solution Architect, IT, Pre sales