Senior Mechanical Engineer - Newcastle
Salary: Excellent package commensurate with experience + benefits
Our client is an independent consultancy, providing sustainable environmental building, design, and engineering services throughout the UK and beyond. They operate from seven offices. They are now on the lookout for suitability qualified and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Newcastle
An exciting opportunity in a new office location with excellent prospects for career progression. Looking for a proficient and self-motivated engineer, with good time management skills and a track record for consistent project delivery. Candidates must have a strong technical knowledge and competence discipline, be able to produce robust design solutions including drawing and written deliverables, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Undertake mechanical design and consultancy work, including the provision of calculations using IES, Hevacomp, and other design software as is appropriate, systems design, production of specifications and schedules, and the provision of reports and advice to clients
- Liaise with other design team members internal and external, represent the business at meetings
- Liaise with and provide focal point for clients and lead and/or support consultants to ensure that client interests are more effectively fulfilled.
- Collaborate and work effectively with all others affecting or affected by your work
- Adopt a responsible attitude to project management and actively undertake training of subordinate staff
- Regularly review personal and subordinates forward programme workload. Develop and frequently review priority lists of programmed tasks
- Check adequacy and accuracy of information and documentation produced by others
- Ensure application and maintenance of all Quality System procedures.
- Carry out all personal management duties including weekly recording of man-hour commitments to individual projects and reporting monthly particular project fee input information
- Manage projects including organisation of trainee staff and project delivery to time and cost requirements
- Comply with all security procedures and commercial in-confidence restrictions associated with work duties
- Contribute to the maintenance of the highest possible standards of design by maintaining a good working knowledge of proven building services systems and new developments in Building Services Industry
- Undertake project risk assessments to ensure safe installation and operation and in compliance with CDM legislation
- Carry out the responsibilities of a Senior Design Engineer including but not limited to:
- - - Preparation and/or development of client brief
- Development of project cost plans
- Assisting, where necessary, in the estimation of project in-house resource requirements
- Assisting in the development of project pre and post tender programmes
- Undertaking surveys of existing facilities and preparation of survey reports
- Preparation of design calculations in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation adopting all necessary standard formats and procedures
- Production of CAD drawings or preparation of sketch drawings in sufficient detail to enable others to produce satisfactory detail drawings as required for tender, construction, or other purposes
- Preparation of project specifications and schedules adapting standard specification information where possible
- Assisting clients in the selection of appropriate methods of contracting works, technically vetting tenders, and provision of advice to clients on acceptance
- Undertaking site supervision duties as necessary to ensure works are installed in accordance with contract documentation and good engineering practice
- Assisting in the financial control of contracts including the preparation of interim and final project valuations
- Preparation of feasibility studies and any specialist studies as required by the project brief
- Provision of systems selection justification by means of investment appraisal techniques, and if required by the project brief, prepare presentation material, and carry out presentations to client, etc.
- Undertake all other duties as may be required to assist in the fulfilment of the primary objectives of the Directors
- Contribute to ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with the relevant ISO and national legislation
- To ensure contract compliance with the IMS, by supporting the administration of the Internal Audit programme, corrective action and customer feedback registers
Education and Experience:
- Preferably BEng (Hons) Degree in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered or working towards chartership with IMECHE/CIBSE
- Minimum engineering HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
- Competent in AutoCad and preferably with knowledge of Revit
- Technically competent engineer with excellent communication and time management skills
- Good team ethic approach and the ability to financially control and project manage
Excellent package commensurate with experience + benefits
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical, BEng, Building Services, IMECHE, CIBSE, AutoCad, competent engineer