Act as data quality control manager in the field of risk data management. Perform complex reconciliations and manage data integration projects bringing together multiple data sources from risk systems and financial ledgers. Managing the execution of integration testing across multiple risk systems according to risk and IT department requirements. Develop into a subject matter expert by taking responsibility for projects tasks, ad-hoc and large scape projects and core change initiatives in conjunction with IT, Risk and Finance.
£300 - £380 Day Rate
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
• Able to analyse, identify and solve complex issues and quickly gain knowledge of key business processes.
• Data management project experience with a desirable focus on developing data controls.
• Technically minded with an excellent understanding of SQL.
• Strong BASE SAS.
• Proven programming abilities in at least one high level programming language such as C#, Java or C++.
• Educated to degree level or a relevant financial sector professional qualification.
• Flexible to work out of normal office hours.
• Work within the highly specialised DQRS team ensuring effective data management within risk systems.
• Analyse data items across a range of systems and sources, assessing their impact and verifying their integrity.
• Be competent and relied upon to use of a variety of technologies including SAS, SQL and IBM Mainframe.
• Liaise with risk, data quality and technology departments to identify and implement data control requirements as part of a global retail risk transformation programme.
• Design, execute and monitor metrics to control data quality in risk specific and feeding source systems.
• Proactively present, and drive, quality and process improvements across the business that are identified as part of project work.
• Act as knowledge expert and central point of contact for risk data reconciliation and business as usual data management tasks.
• Design, execute and monitor data reconciliations across multiple systems, ledgers and data warehouses.
• Provide business support and technical expertise on all risk related projects by managing stakeholder expectations and providing regular updates to senior management and project committees.
• Represent the department as a subject matter expert in meetings and workshops across the project lifecycle in both face to face environment and telephone meetings.
• Manage testing and sign-off, of structural data changes on behalf of DQRS
• Present DQRS findings and recommendations for change in technical implementation forums, challenging traditional ways of thinking.
• Monitor centrally implemented changes, ensuring due process is followed and required frameworks adhered to.