Research Team Leader - General Insurance - Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
Salary - Very Competitive Depending on Experience plus Generous Benefits
Commutable from Thame, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Tring, Bicester, Abingdon, Oxford, Milton Keynes etc.
Our client is a financial information business, helping financial institutions, financial advisers and consumers make better informed decisions. They pride themselves on delivering robust, well supported tools and applications to their customers - which include some of the biggest names in the UK financial services industry. They are based in Haddenham (near Aylesbury) and are a great place to work with some great Glassdoor reviews!
The Role & Previous Experience Required:
The data collected and managed by their General Insurance research team is used by some of the largest names in the industry to provide instant and unbiased market and competitor intelligence for product providers, product ratings for them to use in their marketing messages, and product feature data for comparison websites.
They are currently looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic general insurance expert, ideally a motor insurance specialist, with team management experience to take on the role of Research Team Leader for the team responsible for motor & pet insurance.
The role primarily involves;
- Spending most of your time performing the function of a Researcher: researching information about general insurance products in the marketplace;
- Updating the database with any new information;
- Building effective relationships with insurance companies and underwriters to facilitate the acquisition of accurate and up-to-date information.
- In addition, you'll have responsibility for leading a team of six other Researchers to ensure that the research, input and audit of product information is delivered to high quality standards and as efficiently as possible. This includes communicating expectations, allocating work between team members, monitoring performance, giving feedback, conducting formal review meetings, providing training and coaching, managing resource levels within the team, etc.
- The three Research Team Leaders within General Insurance also collaborate with each other, and with the Research Manager, to develop and continuously improve processes and procedures to research, input and audit data.
- If required, you will be provided with internal training and coaching to help you develop the skills required to be a good manager. There will also be the opportunity to gain a Level 3 qualification in Leadership and Management if you wish.
- To be successful, you'll combine strong organisational and communication skills with an inquisitive, methodical approach and the ability to interpret information and to think analytically.
- A keen eye for detail and accurate data entry skills are both critical.
- It's also essential to have strong IT skills and the ability to learn new software applications quickly, so that you can train and support others to work as productively as possible.
- You don't need to have fully managed a team before (although it would be highly desirable) but you must have experience of co-ordinating the work of others, communicating effectively and persuasively with colleagues, proactively improving processes and liaising effectively with stakeholders.
- You'll need strong planning, organising, prioritisation, problem solving and decision making skills, to ensure the workload of the team is managed effectively and agreed KPIs are met.
Our client can offer a unique and interesting role at the heart of the insurance industry. Salary is dependent upon the skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role.
They also provide great beenfits such as:
Flexible, collaborative and sociable working environment
5 weeks' holiday (plus the option to buy more)
Very generous pension scheme
Comprehensive package of insurances (including Life, Critical Illness, Medical and Dental)
Employee Assistance Programme
Contributions towards gym/sports club membership - plus fitness classes on site
Free tea/coffee/squash and fruit
Please apply with your CV. Our client requires candidates to complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process. This will be sent back to you once you apply.
Please only apply if you match the criteria outlined.
Candidates must already have full rights to work in the UK. VISA sponsorship is not available.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Insurance Team Leader, Researcher, General Insurance, Financial Services, Researcher, Motor,