Python Developer - Cwmbran,Monmouthshire, Wales
Salary of £22k - £27k plus good benefits
Our client is a vibrant, energetic software development company with a passion for high quality web design and delivering software for new and exciting projects with large national brands. Their partners include the biggest price comparison websites and some of the most recognisable insurers in the UK. They offer a relaxed, collaborative and flexible working environment and a strong sense of team spirit.
They are now looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Python Developer to join their team delivering consumer-facing insurance comparison websites using Python with the Django framework on a Linux system.
As a Python Developer, you'll design, develop, test and produce web-based comparison solutions for a range of clients. You'll also help to train junior developers and work with colleagues to collaboratively improve the way the team work.
Required Skills & Experience
To be considered for the role, you'll need at least 2 years' experience of developing and maintaining modern websites using Python.
Other essential requirements include:
- Graduate in an IT (or related) subject with a passion and genuine interest for web technologies
- Good understanding of MS Windows & Linux operating systems and Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Good understanding of the Object-Oriented programming model and Software Design Principles
- Creative problem solver who brings ideas to the team and takes the initiative
- Highly self-motivated, dedicated, and dependable
- Able to work well in a team and collaborate effectively with others
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues - including a high standard of spoken and written English
Ideally, you'll have some of the following technical skills and be willing to learn the rest:
- Django framework
- MySQL databases
- Use and administration of a Linux server via the command line (CentOS)
- Web server configuration (Apache)
- Scripting (Bash, Python)
- Version control system (Subversion)
In return, our client is offering a salary of £22-27k, plus good benefits and a great opportunity to develop your career with a leading organisation.
We look forward to receiving applications form candidates who meet the above criteria.
Please apply with your full up to date CV.
Our client requires candidates to complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process. This will be sent back to you once you apply. Please only apply if you match the criteria outlined.
Candidates must already have full rights to work in the UK. VISA sponsorship is not available.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
£22000 - £27000 Per Annum
Python Developer, Django, web developer, Linux, Python, programming, MySQL, CentOS, Apache, HTML