Purchasing Assistant - Witham Essex
Salary: £16,000 to £18,000 per annum
Key words: Purchase, Assistant, Purchasing Assistant, Buyer, design, manufacture, tableware, melamine tableware
Our client are world leaders in the design and manufacture of melamine tableware, designing bespoke products and collections. Due to growth they are looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant.
This role will assist the purchasing team with their day to day duties and ensuring they are following all necessary procedures to successfully carry out tasks.
- Review Supplier order confirmations.
- Check Supplier and freight invoices.
- Create items on Microsoft Navision Software, ensuring all required data is captured and updated where necessary.
- Process and categorise samples and prototypes received from Suppliers.
- Create contacts in Dynamics 365 and Navision. Maintain contact information to ensure it is update to date and accurate.
- Assist with carrying out quality control checks and raising any issues to the Buyer.
- Assist with obtaining Freight Quotes for Sea and Air.
- Arrange freight shipments and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
- Submit and process documentation for Customs clearance and imports.
- Submit relevant tasks as required by the Purchasing Team using Dynamics 365.
- Communicate with the UK and China Warehouse teams to ensure goods can be effectively booked in and work to necessary schedules.
- Data cleansing as required.
- General Administration.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- General Office Experience
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Previous experience in a buying or logistics role.
- Qualification in purchasing or relevant subject
- Experience using Microsoft Navision or Dynamics 365
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£16000 - £18000 Per Annum
Purchase, Assistant, Purchasing Assistant, Buyer