Practice Manager - Central London
Salary: circa £45K to £50K - Dependent on experience
Key words: Practice Manager, line management, decision making, clerking, business development, Manager, Chambers, Law, Legal, Manager
Our client is a leading set of commercial barristers? chambers specialising across the areas of construction and engineering; energy and natural resources; infrastructure and utilities; international arbitration; IT and technology; offshore construction and marine engineering; procurement and competition and associated professional negligence.
Based at our client?s central London office this role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Practice Manager to join Chambers with an excellent reputation for advocacy, matched equally by a reputation for drafting and advisory services at all levels.
General duties include:
- To promote members of Chambers and sell their services to clients and potential clients.
- To attend performance management review meetings with members of Chambers along with the Senior Practice Manager.
- Diary and practice management including the allocation and distribution of new work, booking hearings and conferences, fixing cases with courts, and advising professional clients of counsel?s availability.
- Negotiation and agreement of fees for work done.
- Recording fees and work done on the MLC Diary and fees system.
- Supervision of more junior staff, as required.
- Attendance at Chambers? and clients? functions (as required by the CEO/Director of Clerking).
- Assistance in other areas of Chambers? practice (as directed by the CEO/Director of Clerking).
- Ideally have eight years of clerking experience or similar experience in a commercial role.
- Have a proven track record of line management
- Be enthusiastic with a positive "can do" attitude.
- Be a team player but be able to work unsupervised and under pressure.
- Have excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Be polite, friendly and of smart appearance.
- Be able to demonstrate a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Be trustworthy.
- Have gained at least two ?A? levels or equivalent qualifications and/or a Degree.
What you get in return
Benefits on completion of probationary period include: Bonus Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Pension, Permanent Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Private Medical Insurance
Our client requires an application form and covering letter to be completed as part of the application process. In the first instance please submit your CV to register your interest and the application form will be sent to you.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£45000 - £50000 Per Hour Competitive
Practice Manager, line management, Legal, Law