Location: Norfolk / Suffolk - Flexible working around multiple practices
Salary: Competitive Salary
A great opportunity for an experienced Optometrist to join this established business. The company is the largest independent chain in East Anglia and are passionate about high quality customer care.
This role requires an enthusiastic, experienced Optometrist, with relevant Qualifications, who can drive the practice forward, and have a hands-on approach.
Full Driving Licence required.
In this role as Optometrist, you will:
- Be prepared to work flexibly around some of the practices within the group.
- Deliver impeccable customer service and offer an individualised customer journey, including longer testing times, using innovative products within the industry.
- Work to the highest professional standards
- Manage staff including Dispensing Opticians and store staff
- Coach assistants to consistently deliver effective selling behaviours resulting in high customer engagement
- Communicate with patients to get detailed case histories
- Examine eyes of patients of all ages in accordance with the guidelines laid out by the College of Optometrists and the GOC.
- Use specialist equipment for diagnosis and testing
- Issue prescriptions for spectacles or contact lenses
- Fit and check prescribed lenses in order to correct vision defects
- Offer advice and reassurance about vision related matters
- Offer help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses
- Write referrals to doctors in line with legal guidelines
- Liaise with other medical practitioners, potentially sharing the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions
- Meet sales targets with regards to selling spectacles and contact lenses
- Perform core administrative functions in line with GDPR best practice
- Network effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Benefits and Culture:
- Full Time
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Team member discounts, and Individual incentive scheme
- Professional fees covered
- 40-minute testing time using OCT scanner, enabling exceptional high quality patient care
- Clinical specialist services including dry eye clinic, contact lens clinic, colorimetry, glaucoma and post cataract referrals
- Opportunity for team members to attend CET training inside of work and evenings arranged by the company
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Optometrist, Optical, Eye, Optometry, GOC, Eye, Glasses, Optician, General Optical Council, health