Logistics and Warehouse Operative - Birmingham
Competitive Salary depending on experience
My client, a leading global company are looking for a logistics and warehouse operative to join their new location in the midlands.
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organising and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
The ideal candidate will hold a forklift license.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist loading and receiving unloading trucks
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
Request tenders and make decisions regarding the procurement of goods and services for the fleet of vehicles
Follow driver premium rules and carry out billing in this area
Deploy staff and vehicles based on cost, time and legal requirements
Monitor the care, maintenance and servicing of all vehicles in the vehicle fleet
Monitor the care, maintenance and service for all telematics systems and recording technology for digitally collecting data
Carry out employee interviews with respect to operations, e.g. vehicle damage, customer complaints, etc.
Work closely with all operational positions to constantly meet customer requests, taking into account profitability and internal work instructions
Process internal vehicle fleet documentation
Participate in developing the mix of the professional vehicle fleet
Highlight opportunities to improve quality and continually contribute to improvements to work processes
Experience & Qualification requirements
- Must hold a forklift license
- previous warehouse experience
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
- Logistics experience
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
Logistics, Warehouse Operative, Warehouse, Stock, packing, shipping,