Knowledge & Events Senior Executive - Hove
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (dependant on experience)
Now recruiting for a Knowledge and Events Senior Executive for our client, who deliver two vibrant trade shows each year for the global meeting and events industry. The events in Frankfurt and America each attract around 15,000 participants.
The shows facilitate face-to-face business meetings between exhibitors (including international hotel chains, convention bureaux, destination management companies and tech providers) and meeting and event planners.
Every show also features professional, free education and numerous networking and co-located events run by our global partner network. This means that the shows have become must-attend events for anyone working in the meeting and events industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Knowledge and Events Senior Executive, based within the Knowledge Team of 8. The core elements of this role will be:
- Plan and deliver the Education Programmes for events in Frankfurt and America.
- Develop new and existing partner relationships. This will help drive through new elements to the education program.
- Assist with the management of Sustainability Programmes.
- Actively contribute ideas and action to the innovative and ever evolving education programmes.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Education Programme (with administrative support) - You will be responsible for the communication with speakers, gathering speaker details and updating education sessions. Internally you will be responsible for ensuring all the meeting space is secured.
Marketing Liaison - you will be responsible for ensuring all printed material deadlines are met including signage, show planner and education listings. Also ensuring that the Knowledge and Events web-pages are up to date with the marketing team and that they are well informed.
Sustainability Programmes - You will be an active member of the Green Squad and assist with the driving forward of initiatives internally and externally. This also involves managing the prestigious Innovation in Sustainability Award and working closely with partners. You will be integral to the data capture measurement process as well, working with the Sustainability Consultant.
Web-site Updates - you will be responsible for overseeing web-site updates on behalf of the Knowledge team
Event Ref and App Champion - you will be the link between the Knowledge team and Event Technology team, ensuring that all issues are raised and reported to the Event Technology team for resolution.
Insights and Data - analyse post show surveys, statistics and demographics information and research with other team members.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 3-5 years event management experience is required with strong on-site experience
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Be able to multi-task and use own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player, able to work independently, but also as part of a team
- Coach and support more junior team members
- Passionate about projects
- Self-motivated and confident to move projects forward
- Adaptable and approachable
- Passionate about sustainability
- Have a 'join the dots' mentality to see the bigger overall picture
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum
Knowledge, Events, Marketing, Exhibitions, Event, delegates, education,