Human Factors Consultant - Manchester, Bristol or Newbury
Salary - Competitive (based on experience) + 38 days holiday, an excellent pension, a share scheme, travel insurance, health care and life assurance.
Our client is a dynamic safety engineering consultancy with a world-wide reputation for delivering quality solutions to the nuclear, oil and gas and transportation industries. They are an independent, employee-owned company with a turnover of over £23M in 2020 and have been consistently listed in the Sunday Times as one of the top 100 small companies to work for. They have grown continuously since they were established in 2002 and now employ over 120 full-time consultants and work with over 1000 associates.
This highly successful business is looking for an experienced Human Factors Consultant to join their expanding teams. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, commercial awareness and experience of working in safety critical industries. The role will involve visits to clients sites, therefore the applicant should be prepared for occasional travel.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- BSc / MSc in Human Factors / Ergonomics or related discipline
- The ability to obtain security clearance
- Chartered Member of the IEHF (or equivalent body) or working towards chartered status
- Good interpersonal skills to operate in a dynamic and client focused consultancy role
- The ability to travel to client sites
- Good team working and collaboration skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of successful Business Development and Project Management
- Knowledge and experience in working with regulatory organisations
- An interest in proactive career development, identifying CPD opportunities and seeing them
- Chartered Engineer
- Master's Degree in Safety related discipline
- Ideally a minimum of three years' experience
- Positive can-do attitude
- An enthusiastic, outgoing, proactive, success orientated approach
- Ability to travel in support of assignments and to liaise with clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability and initiative to work independently as well as part of a team
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Human Factors Consultant, Human Factors, Ergonomics, Chartered Engineer, IEHF, CPD