Head of Talent & Development - Huddersfield - Hybrid of Office & Remote Based
Salary up to £50k per annum
Plus a Generous & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Full Time - Permanent
Our client is a leading provider of essential support services, software and data that allow financial advisers, financial intermediaries and product providers to deliver better outcomes for their customers. Formed in the early 2000's they are the UKs largest provider of outsourced regulatory and business support to financial advisers.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Talent & Development who will be responsible for talent management, development and succession planning across the group.
You will be a talent scout, partnering with the business and HRBPs to identify, develop, retain and progress talent across the organisation. You will be a key member of the Group HR Leadership team, playing an integral role in shaping their talent agenda and the wider People Strategy.
This role requires a passionate, creative, tenacious, adventurous and data-savvy talent professional. You will question accepted ways of doing things, collaborate ceaselessly across the organisation and have a clear focus on getting things done.
This is a brand-new role with relative green fields for an experienced and creative talent professional to really make their mark.
This role is based in the Huddersfield office - the team currently work 2 days per week in the office, and the remainder from home.
- Building Group-wide frameworks, processes and approaches, with local nuance as required, that will identify, manage and develop talent on an ongoing basis
- Designing and facilitating talent development initiatives and programmes relevant to development needs and to support achievement of strategic plans (e.g. Leadership Development programme, Rising Stars programme etc)
- Building talent data to allow insights and enable action-oriented conversations with stakeholders around retention and development of key talent
- Championing and building manager/leader capability to develop talent, including having great career conversations and building practical development plans.
- Working in partnership with leaders and HRBPs identifying current and future skills gaps and implementing cost-effective development solutions (e.g. apprenticeships)
- Partnering with leaders and managers across the group to embed a robust succession planning approach. Maintaining 'live' succession plans and proactively follow-up on the actions required for critical roles
- Championing diversity and equitable opportunity. Educate, challenge and influence the business to create balanced and effective teams with a diverse range of skill and experience
- Oversight of the Learning Management System, ensuring content remains fresh and relevant, and is promoted across the Group to drive engagement
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualification ideally in a Human Resources related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing and effectively executing motivating and engaging development programmes, including for a remote or hybrid working audience using engaging virtual and e-learning tools
- Demonstrable experience of implementing effective talent management strategies, with working examples of effective succession planning
- At least 3 years' experience of success within a similar role
- Excellent commercial understanding and data smart, with a clear focus on ROI and success measures
- Energy, resilience, good sense of humour, with patience to impact positive cultural change
- Well-honed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, influence and build relationships at all levels
- Working in a fast-paced team environment with sometimes fast changing priorities
- Sound data and digital skills (i.e. MS Teams, Microsoft Office 365, including Excel)
Package : In return, our client can offer a salary of up to £50k (depending on skills and experience) plus an excellent comprehensive benefits package, together with a great opportunity to join a leading organisation.
Please apply with your CV - Candidates must already have full rights to work in the UK. VISA sponsorship is not available.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Key Words: Head of Talent, Head of HR, Human Resources, Recruitment, Personnel, CIPD, succession planning, HR Manager, HR Business Partner, Talent, People
£50000 Per Annum
Head of Talent, HR, Human Resources, Recruitment, Personnel, CIPD, Business Partner, Talent, People