Engineering Tutor - Cornwall - Freelance or Employed (part time)
Location: Across Cornwall
Job Type: Part-time Employed or Freelance
Hours of Work: 2 days per week (15 hours) and potential to extend
Salary/Hourly Rate: Competitive rates depending on experience.
Our Client is an organisation dedicated to supporting the Marine sector in Cornwall via initiatives that improve profitability and encourage growth through quality and innovation. Established in 2002 it was created to improve the prosperity of Cornwalls world-class marine sector and since then remains firmly rooted in the sector, seeing the key to the current and future success as continuing to support members through innovative training and marketing initiatives.
Due to continued growth our client has an exciting opportunity to join the training team as a Tutor and Assessor, specialising in Engineering.
The Job Role
- Deliver engineering training to young people, apprentices and employees of marine businesses.
- Support the development, delivery and assessment of the apprenticeship programmes to meet the needs of learners
- Deliver qualifications such as Marine Engineering Standards and PEO, PMO Frameworks
- Developing, maintaining and managing relationships with local employers
- To support the business community to meet their skills and training needs
- Ensure a continuous drive to improve training services
- Ensure the company continues to be recognised as a provider of excellence for all our customers and learners.
You will be part of a pro-active, enthusiastic team of employed and freelance Tutors and Assessors, who support our apprentices across many occupational areas.
The Successful Candidate
- A relevant teaching qualification and assessor's qualifications (A1 or Level 3 TAQA or CAVA Level 3).
- Substantial work experience and strong understanding and competence in Engineering disciplines, not excluding fabrication and welding, mechanical and/or marine engineering or maintenance engineering.
- Teaching and assessing experience
- Experienced at using current assessment procedures and be able to assess up to Level 3 in marine engineering
- A team player who is ready for a challenge and willing to challenge and support others.
- Energetic, patient, with a passion for what you do
- Personal drive to succeed and an enthusiasm to pass on knowledge and skill in these areas to others
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Engineering Tutor, Marine, Enginerr, Tutor, Assessor,