Engineering Assessor / IV - Scotland
Hours: Permanent 37.5 hours per week. Willing to consider applications for part-time hours
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 per annum (pro-rata - dependant on qualifications and experience) + mileage allowance
An established Training Provider with EAL and SEMTA approval status, our Client is looking to recruit a qualified and experienced Assessor/IV/Programme Manager for their suite of Engineering SVQ/MAs which include Aeronautical, Commissioning, Electrical, Fab/Weld and Mechanical. As a company recognised for high standards of client and apprentice support, the successful applicant will work to deliver an Engineering MA programme that does not just meet but exceeds client expectations.
- Meet with clients to agree the content and delivery models applicable for their business
- Be directly involved in the Assessment or IV of the Awards themselves
- Responsible for arranging and managing the off-the-job element of the MA itself
- Monitoring the activity of our subcontracted college provision
- Be responsible for the pre-recruitment activity
Essential Skills / Experience required
You will have:
- Assessor Award A1, L&D9, D32/33 or equivalent
- Possession of a clean, current drivers licence and access to own car
- Minimum SCQF Level 6 Qualification in Engineering, approved by EAL
- Occupational experience within an Engineering or Educational/teaching Background
- Relevant Aeronautical experience
- Relevant up to date experience of Assessing/IVing a range of EAL L3 qualifications within the workplace
- Experienced in managing people and processes
- A V1 or L&D11 IV qualification is advantageous although not essential
You will possess:
- Excellent organisational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- A good level of confidence in use of IT as most of our candidates use e-portfolios, of which training can be given.
- Flexibility, adaptable and with a background of working within a broad range of engineering disciplines.
- A good understanding of the Modern Apprenticeship programme and funding model would also be advantageous.
- We are willing to consider applicants from suitably qualified and experienced Engineering Assessors who are interested in gaining their L&D 11 IV Award.
Hours can vary due to some candidates shift patterns therefore applicants must be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to undertake travel associated with role
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£30000 - £33000 Per Annum
Engineering Assessor, Aeronautical, Verify, Assessor, Training, IV,