Early Years Practitioner - Full Time - York
Starting salary is £17,004 per annum
Our client is a non-profit registered charity who aims to provide quality childcare for families in York and they are run by a committee of voluntary Trustees.
They have three nursery settings in York offering childcare for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years.
Their out of school offering provides a management service to several clubs across the city providing breakfast, after school and holiday clubs for children aged 2 years - 12 years.
They currently have the opportunity for a fun, motivated and experienced Early Years Practitioner to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
They are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible so if the below sounds like you, then please apply as soon as possible.
- You must have the ability to make every child feel special.
- You must have a warm, friendly nature and be able to distribute hugs as required.
- You must enjoy playing 'peekaboo'!
- You must be prepared to turn a spoon into an aeroplane at meal times.
- You must have the ability to build a great tower, just for it to be knocked down immediately.
- You must be able to laugh uncontrollably at jokes you dont understand.
- If a child requests that you be a fairy, a pirate or a spaceman, you must be the best fairy, pirate or spaceman that you can be!
- The ability to sing out of tune in front of a small crowd is essential.
- You must be prepared to return home covered in paint, glue and glitter!
- The ability to read a story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page is essential.
- You must be willing to jump in muddy puddles!
- Possess the skills to count the heads of numerous moving small people.
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace.
- Most importantly, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families.
There really is no other job quite like this one........
- To be committed to providing a warm, stimulating, safe and caring environment which is fully inclusive and enables each child to reach their full potential.
- To act as a Key Person for a group of children.
- To assist in supporting students on placement.
- To assume responsibility for a specific area as allocated.
- We are looking for a committed, self- motivated person who enjoys providing high quality childcare to children.
- You must be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who can work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage and a Level 3 Qualification in childcare / education / learning in the early years is desirable but not essential.
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English is desirable.
Starting salary is £17,004 per annum for a 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday. Candidates must be available to work between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
In return for your hard work and dedication a generous annual leave entitlement is on offer as well as closure over Christmas, discounted nursery childcare, fully funded training opportunities, onsite parking and membership of a healthcare scheme.
Post-holders will be required to hold a clear enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB), subscription to the DBS Update Service and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.
If you are looking for a fun and rewarding new challenge, then forward your CV as soon as possible.
Please note, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in line with current government guidance.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£17000 Per Annum
Early Years Practitioner, Early Years, EYFS, Nursery, Childcare, Nursery,