Design Studio Manager- London EC1 area
Salary: Commensurate with experience + benefits
Our client is an architectural design studio whose aim is to improve people's lives by reimagining the places in which they live and work. The studio is a collaborative team of architects, landscape, and interior designers. They work at all scales, from furniture to bespoke private homes and commercial developments. They are a RIBA Chartered Practice based in London. Environmental impact is a key consideration in their work, and they take a research-based, fabric first approach to sustainability that carefully considers the embodied energy of materials and the performance of the buildings in use.
They are now on the lookout for a suitable Experienced Studio Manager to join their team in London - EC1 area.
Our client are looking for a studio manager with experience in architecture and/or design-related workplaces to carry out administrative roles within a thriving young practice. The ideal candidate should be looking to build experience and responsibility but also be willing to carry out the basic tasks required in supporting a busy practice. They are award-winning architect-led designers dedicated to the creation of inspirational and sustainable architecture and interiors.
This is a full-time role, however, part-time applications will be considered.
- To ensure that the studio complies with statutory obligations, including health and safety
- CPD organisation and training
- Assisting architects with administrative tasks and document control
- Prepare and edit documents, reports and letters
- Studio maintenance and housekeeping
Responsibilities will include:
- To assist in preparing expressions of interest and awards submissions
- Supporting senior team in business development
- Organising office-related events
- Liaising with accountants
- Invoicing clients
- Mmanaging online accountancy programme
- Aassisting with production of fee proposals, payment schedules, forecasts and accounts
- Previous experience of using Workflow Max, Xero and Receipt Bank is strongly beneficial
- Managing HR
- Monitoring timesheets and annual leave
- Monitoring office supplies, stationery, and equipment
- Diary management
- Maintain and review subscriptions, bills and insurances
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within the design industries
- A solid knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Excel/Google Sheets
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communicator
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Proactive and logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Content/copywriting experience
- interest in architecture
- interest in sustainability
- A salary commensurate with experience + benefits
If you are a suitably experienced Studio Manager and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Studio manager, studio assistant, design, Adobe, Marketing, interior, copywriting, architect, Studio