Data Engineer (experienced) - Greater London with flexible remote working
Salary: £50,000 to £70,000 basic salary (depending on experience) + benefits
Our client is a leading boutique consultancy. They provide technical consulting and business consulting services to help clients untangle complex problems in Cyber Security, Data, Telecommunications and Digital domains. Their deep understanding of our client missions in these sectors combined with their technical and business expertise allows them to develop trusted relationships and deliver capabilities and solutions that are relevant and fit for purpose.
Our client is looking for a suitability qualified and experienced Data Engineer to join their team in Central London, with flexible remote working options.
- Assessing your clients' technical needs and understanding how their needs are different to wants and managing clients' stakeholders' relationship appropriately.
- Identifying data sources, data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) concepts and methods
- Designing, evaluating, and implementing on-premises, cloud-based and hybrid data engineering solutions (including providing review and guidance on testing aspects related to data engineering, identification of risks and proposing and implementing their mitigations).
- Modelling, structuring and storing data along with their data flows for uses including - but not limited to - analytics, machine learning, data mining, compliance, business intelligence, sharing with applications and organisations
- Harvesting and ingesting structured and unstructured data in different formats and standards
- Integrating, consolidating, and cleansing data.
- Migrating and converting data.
- Applying ethical principles in handling data
- Ensuring appropriate storage of data in line with relevant legislation
- Building in security, compliance, scalability, efficiency, reliability, fidelity, flexibility, and portability.
- Accurately delivering high quality work to agreed timelines and taking the initiative and knowing how to jump straight in.
- Supporting client engagements, including pitches and presentations
- Helping to support & grow the business by actively inputting into the company strategy and helping to shape their future
- Representing them and their core values: Transparent, fair, and daring
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You have 5+ years of degree level industry experience in data engineering.
- You have worked in client delivery across a range of projects, including data analysis, extraction, transformation, and loading, data intelligence, data security and proven experience in their technologies (e.g. one or more of the following technologies Scala, Java, Apache Spark, cloud-based ETL services, Python, Apache Kafka, SQL).
- You have experience working on cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- You have demonstrable continuous personal development with relevant data certifications and accreditations
- You have strong interpersonal skills
- You are security cleared or capable and willing to undergo security clearance
- You have experience with using CI/CD tooling to analyse, build, test and deploy your code and proven experience in their technologies
- You have experience in database technologies including writing complex queries against their (relational and non-relational) data stores (e.g. SQL Server, Apache Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Graph databases)
- You have a good understanding of coding best practices and design patterns and experience with code and data versioning, dependency management, code quality and optimisation, error handling, logging, monitoring, validation and alerting.
What they are looking for:
- You enjoy working on complex data problems whilst being able to suggest simple (yet effective) solutions.
- You are comfortable working with uncertainty and like to make things clearer. You're passionate about technology and keep up as it evolves.
- You focus on the future and thrive most when solving problems.
- Client's love working with you.
- You are honest and do things when you say you will, you also know how to explain things clearly and concisely.
- You can educate and inspire.
- You've got a background in data architecture, data science, data analytics or data engineering along with their technologies.
- You're equally comfortable presenting to clients, providing advice or building prototypes. You're a collaborator and enjoy stepping out of your role from time to time, whether it's to support your clients, colleagues or to learn something new.
- In addition to being rewarded fairly for your contribution to the business, you get to work in a dynamic organisation that is agile and responsive. A scale-up business that is growing fast and where you get to drive and shape the future. A place where you are respected by everyone, and your voice is important. Somewhere where you can be innovative and creative. A place where you have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of business from marketing to sales, to delivery and business operations.
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Data Engineer and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£50000 - £70000 Per Annum
Data Engineer, data engineering, data, ETL, ETL , Python, Apache Kafka, SQL, CI/CD , data versioning