Conveyancer / Solicitor (Fee Earner) - Reading
Salary: Up to£40,000 depend on skills and experience + benefits
Our client is a Firm of solicitors based in the Reading area and whilst property law may not be considered fancy or particularly exciting, buying a house is one of the most expensive and important decisions many people will ever make. They have decades of experience in Reading and the surrounding area meaning they have the local knowledge as well as legal expertise to provide the best possible service. From conveyancing through to wills and probate.
They are now on the lookout for a suitability qualified and Conveyancer / Solicitor (Fee Earner) to join them in their offices in Reading.
As a competent and confident fee earner you will be comfortable with managing a busy caseload in a fast-paced department. Adept in all types of domestic conveyancing matters, including freehold, leasehold, new build, registered and unregistered, you will be familiar with case management systems and have excellent IT literacy, with only the need for basic administrative support. Of course, bringing in own workload to add to existing business here would be advantageous and preferable
The day-to-day work of the role will include the following elements/tasks in a typical conveyancing transaction:
- Providing initial quotations
- Setting up files
- Dealing with clients, agents, solicitors on the phone, by email and in person
- Preparing and sending out draft contract papers
- Answering enquiries on sales
- Raising enquiries and submitting searches on purchases
- Attending clients for signing
- Preparing reports on purchases
- Exchanging contracts and all paperwork involved
- Preparing completion paperwork on transactions
- Dealing with post completion leasehold paperwork, including notices
- Knowledge to deal with land registry applications to register, stamp duty submissions and land registry requisitions
- Some experience of private client wills and probate would be advantageous but is not essential as training will be provided for the right candidate.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You will be qualified and experienced commensurate with the post.
- The successful candidate will be an excellent team player, with the ability to work independently and oversee the running of the office in the absence of the Partner. Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, are a must as the role will involve being the primary contact for all third-party communication with other solicitors, estate agents, local developers, and clients. You will be equally skilled in managing communications over the telephone/in writing as you are in attending to clients in the office.
- Your proven ability to remain clam under pressure will be complemented by your excellent negotiation skills and can-do attitude which will ensure client transactions run smoothly and any potential issues are identified and overcome swiftly.
- A salary up to £40,000 depend on skills and experience + benefits
In return you will be joining a busy, friendly office and receive:
- - 35 hour working week
- 4 weeks annual leave + bank holidays + Christmas shut down
- Support in personal goals and career development
- Employee pension scheme
- Generous bonus scheme
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Conveyancer / Solicitor (Fee Earner) and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£25000 - £40000 Per Annum
property solicitor, conveyancing, Conveyancer, legal, law, probate, freehold, leasehold, fee Earner