Building Surveyor - Cornwall
Salary - Up to £50,000 DOE
Our Client offers commercial property and business services include the sale and lease of offices, industrial and retail units, hotels and guesthouses, pubs and bars, leisure and catering facilities, and hotels and guesthouses. We also offer investment and development advice and services, as well as a full variety of commercial property management services.
They operate across Cornwall, the wider South West whilst being engaged by clients in London, the Midlands and Manchester.
My Client is looking for an experienced, RICS-qualified Building Surveyor with extensive building and construction expertise, problem-solving and analytical thinking skills, and the ability to think laterally and operate independently. There is a lot of home/flexible working available.
To be responsible for all aspects of a high-quality building surveying service for almost entirely commercial property assets across the South West, in accordance with the firms contractual obligations to its clients and good estate management practise, surveying properties, businesses, and buildings and reporting back on any design, construction, or repair that may be required.
- Surveying properties, preparing Schedules of Condition, defect analysis, and repair recommendations with a high degree of autonomy, but within contractual and regulatory constraints, efficiently and effectively to maximise returns for our clients and profits for our firm. Determine who is accountable for building repair expenses and assess damage for insurance purposes.
- Check premises for compliance with construction rules, fire safety, and accessibility standards, as well as all applicable law.
- Handle planning applications and provide legal advice on property law, construction rules, and other legal issues like health and safety. In property disputes, act as an expert witness for our clients.
- Provide detailed financial and operational reports to your clients on a regular basis and in a format that is agreed upon.
- Plan and deliver scheduled cyclical property maintenance programmes as well as reaction repairs in collaboration with the FM team.
- Attend any in-house training/continuing education programmes that may be scheduled from time to time.
- 6 - 8 years Building surveyor Experience
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£50000 Per Annum
Building Surveyor, RICS, Survey, Construction, property, Housing, Building,