This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s well established financial organisations as an Audit Risk & Control Consultant.
The purpose of the role is to perform and deliver the Quality Assurance, audit, risk control self assessment for the company management and exception control analysis. Responsible for all the assurance activities and to ensure services and quality levels are delivered to the required standard as defined.
Up to £31,000
The job holder should be an experienced audit, risk professional and is expected to have an extensive working knowledge of the following:
• Leading edge developments in Governance and regulatory change.
• Leading practice, methodology, tools and techniques in audit, risk and control.
• Insight into, audit, risk and control developments and approaches deployed by other financial institutions and scheme users.
• The regulatory framework within a financial sector operates.
• Assurance and risk techniques, particularly the assessment and reporting.
• Good communication skills which allow effective articulation of complex technical areas.
• Ability to deliver board type reports with minimal line management intervention.
• Proven ability to establish and nurture working relationships both Internal and External
• Self confident and self motivated.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good motivational, negotiating and influencing skills.
• Ability to work on own and in Scheme Participants sites
KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct risk and quality reviews across the company to ensure that standards are maintained, reported and escalated as directed by line manager
• Provide risk guidance and advice to the business functions on the effectiveness of their risk and assurance management activities
• Deliver a programme of Assurance activity, leading the feedback of results to the management and teams
• Escalate significant audit, risk or control issues to the Audit Risk & Control Manager or Senior Management as appropriate
• Key individual accountable for producing monthly and quarterly reports for use at the required committees
• Primary driver of delivering the companies RCSA process
• Provides audit risk and control support and coaching to the team as required
• Provide specialist audit, risk and control guidance and advice to change initiatives across the company through review of documentation and participation in project meetings
• Responsible for analysis of Scheme Users data and Audit reports, making suitable recommendations for reviews as required.
• Responsible for Scheme complaint analysis and taking action, making recommendations on any issues arising.
• Responsible for identifying, raising, escalating and reporting potential fraud.