2nd Chef / Sous Chef - Gloucestershire / Cheltenham
Fixed Term Contract / Permanent
- Are you a passionate chef looking for a work life balance?
- How would you like to work 5 over 7 days working a 9am till 5pm shift?
- Would you like to work in a tourist attraction steeped in history?
If so then look no further as this role could be for you.
Located on the Gloucestershire / Cotswold border an opportunity has arisen for a 2nd / Sous Chef to join this breathtaking tourist attraction property.
This large estate has a host of gardens as well conservation grounds for a number of endangered bird species from all around the world.
Due to the sheer volume of tourists the grounds and castle attracts my client is looking for a 2nd / Sous Chef to support a newly appointed Head Chef and the rest of the kitchen team. This is an exciting time to join this property as the kitchen will be undergoing a £100K refurb in January.
With up to 130 covers per day in the restaurant, as the 2nd / Sous Chef you will be cooking freshly prepared dishes from local suppliers. Typically this will be homely comfort food ie: burgers, pies, jackets potatoes cooked to a high standard. There will also be a specials board that you will be expected to suggest new dishes for.
What attributes are needed to apply for this role
- A hard working a passionate chef who would appreciate working in one of Gloucester?s most visited tourist attractions
- Experience of cooking in a professional kitchen to a high standard
- A chef who is happy cooking fresh comfort foods ie: burgers, pies, jacket potatoes
- Some form of cooking / catering qualification (this is preferred but not essential)
- A chef who would be happy looking after the kitchen in the absent of the Head Chef
- A chef who has their own transport due to the location of the property (This is essential)
- Flexibility, as you will be working weekends and some early evening for certain events.
- A chef who would be happy putting ideas forward toward the seasonal menu.
Who could this role suit?
- Maybe a chef working as a Chef De Partie looking for a work life balance
- OR an experienced chef who is still passionate about the industry but looking to take a step back in hours and responsibility.
What is on offer?
- A salary of up to £19,000 or an hourly pay equivalent
- A potential for an immediate start
- A work life balance working, daytime straight shifts and a 37.5-40hr week (typically 9am till 5pm)
- Discounts available on entrance to this tourist attraction.
If you believe you have the drive and ambition to tackle this role and you are a professional chef looking for a rewarding experience within a thriving property - DON?T DELAY APPLY NOW!!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
£19000 Per Annum
2nd Chef, Sous Chef, Chef, Catering