24 hour Truck and Van Service Technician- Crawley
Basic Salary £30,000 + £30 per call out fee
Our client - a Prestige Commercial Vehicle dealer - provide a 'one-stop shop' for all your vehicle needs, from sales through to service. Committed to keeping the customer's business moving, all vehicles have a 3-year unlimited mileage warranty and free roadside assistance for up to 30 years. With an extensive range of New and Used commercial vehicles available, they are sure to have the vehicle that meets their customer's business and leisure needs.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced 24 hour Truck and Van Service Technician to join their site in Worthing.
Basic hours of 46 per week 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday, weekend rota on call: week on, week off.
You will be responsible for yourself, your van and breakdown case management.
Current employee averages 20 breakdowns per week @ £30 call out fees
- Understand and diagnose faulty components and recommend course of action.
- Maintain a well organised service 24 hour vehicle, for ease and use for other workshop staff if required.
- Carry out inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of components in an efficient manner and per instructions given by Service Reception.
- Ensure that standard times and quality of work is to the manufacturer's standards.
- Ensure that all work carried and time taken is well documented on the job card for accurate billing to customer.
- Ensure that additional work is reported to Service Reception and authority is obtained before work is commenced.
- Ensure that additional work, which cannot be carried out, is communicated to Service Reception for future booking.
- Ensure that the correct components are requested from the Parts Department and in sufficient time for the job to be carried out.
- Road test vehicles when required and ensure work has been fully completed and will pass quality assurance checks.
- Ensure that vehicles are returned to customers in a clean condition and there is no body damage.
- Support Service Advisor as necessary with technical expertise in explaining to customer work carried out on their vehicle.
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in proper working order. Report faulty equipment and remove from workshop.
- If a senior/master technician, supervise, advise and train technicians and apprentices as and when required by the Department.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
£30000 Per Annum
Truck Technician, Van Service Technician, Vehicle Technician, Motor, Van, Car, Automotive,